This is what nutrition science can tell us:
- The average nutrient content of a particular food, and the average effect a food or nutrient has on particular health biomarkers for a group of people under experimental conditions.
This is what nutrition science can’t tell us:
- That a food or nutrient is good or bad.
- How you should and shouldn’t be eating.
- That you can’t eat a particular food or nutrient if you want to.
- That not eating a certain way means you have failed or are wrong.
- That physical health must be your most important life value.
- That a lower body weight is superior to a heavier body weight.
[Note: Overeating, food cravings, meal skipping, eating disorders and feelings of stress around food often start to resolve, once we stop confusing the two.]