- I should feel guilty when I eat something I shouldn’t have.
- Food is a good way to overcome loneliness or a bad mood.
- Eating healthily means I have to give up my favourite foods entirely.
- I simply cannot control my weight because I love to eat.
- It is punishment to eat certain foods like fruits and vegetables.
- I’ve blown my diet once I’ve eaten something bad.
- I need to eat the foods that I enjoy the taste of right now.
Our everyday beliefs about food impact our likelihood of gaining weight.
If eating well is a struggle, start by understanding and then changing the story that you are telling yourself.