- Use smaller plates and bowls.
- Replace short, wide glasses with tall, narrow ones.
- Use smaller spoons.
- Throw out the lolly jar (or replace it with a fruit bowl).
- Place healthy foods at the front of the refrigerator, and less healthy foods at the back.
- Repackage foods sold in large packages into small containers.
- Always put food into a plate or bowl, so you can better see how much you are actually eating. Never eat straight from the package.
- Snack only at the table, and only on a clean plate.
- Put everything on your plate before you start eating, and don’t go back for seconds and thirds.
- When serving your meal, try dishing out 20% less than you think you might want before you start eating. You probably won’t miss it.
Perhaps the easiest way to change your behaviour, is to change your environment.
[Hat tip to Wansick.]
Pingback: The 12 steps to setting (and achieving) your New Year’s resolutions « The Mind and Body Coach